Work With Us
Retail & Warehouse Associate – Part Time
Orange Poppy is a children’s clothing retailer with a primary focus on e-commerce and a quickly growing retail store in the Knoxville community. We are a small but agile and quickly-growing team. It is imperative that all team members in our environment understand that he/she could on occasion be required to support other job functions during his/her shift.
- Must be able to work on his/her own with little to no supervision and take direction
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment is required
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Must be able to solve problems and provide resolution to everyday duties
- Scheduled days and hours will vary. Must have flexible availability Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6pm.
Retail Store Responsibilities:
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Assist management in day-to-day store maintenance while providing excellent service and observing and maintaining all store policies and procedures.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items.
- Ensure the highest level of service is given to each customer.
- Helps customer make selections by offering suggestions and opinions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing cash, store credit / gift cards, and credit cards.
- Perform opening and closing duties as needed.
- Add new store merchandise in warehouse or move directly to sales floor.
- Ensure showroom is clean and uncluttered and product is organized by size.
- Tag and barcode new inventory with speed and accuracy.
- Share responsibilities of maintaining clean & sanitized facilities
- Able to follow pick list app and pull merchandise according to the app
- Verify the item is the correct size and item number when pulling
- Ensures his/her work areas are maintained and cleaned daily
- Ensures he/she supports all company safety procedures and common sense
- Ensures that his/her assignments are completed in a consistent and high-quality manner
- Sort and put away returns once processed by management
- Open and sort new inventory, verifying accuracy against order invoice. Report any missing items or discrepancies to leadership
- Assist in ensuring all warehouse shelf space is utilized, organized and labeled accurately
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- Good written as well as oral communication skills
- Able to operate a hand held device and scanner while picking product
- Excellent attendance and ability to work flexible hours
- Able to lift up to up to 50 lbs.
- Able to climb ladders and stand in one spot for long periods of time
- Good attention to detail
- Retail sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Must be available Saturdays 10am - 4pm
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications accepted Monday - Friday, 10am - 5pm EST906 Callahan Drive Unit 109 Knoxville, TN 37912
For more information, call 865-247-4429